Repost from @meatlessmonday
Anything chicken can do cauliflower can do better🙌
Battered, baked (not fried), and tossed with a sweet-and-tangy sauce, these beautiful little bites will be your new favorite “takeout” meal🥡.
Crispy Sesame Cauliflower
• 1 head cauliflower, cut into medium florets, stems removed
• 3/4 C water
• 1 C brown rice flour or GF all purpose flour
• 1 TBSP liquid aminos or soy sauce
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 C GF breadcrumbs
Sesame Sauce 🥢
• 1/4 C liquid aminos or soy sauce
• 1/4 C sweetener of choice (maple syrup, agave, coconut sugar)
• 3 TBSP sesame seeds
• 1 TBSP sesame oil
• 1 TBSP ginger, minced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 TBSP chili garlic sauce
• 1 TBSP tomato paste
• 2 TBSP rice vinegar
• 1/8 tsp salt and pepper
• 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
• 2 tsp tapioca flour, arrowroot powder, or cornstarch + 2 TBSP water
1️⃣ Mix together all ingredients for batter in a bowl, except breadcrumbs. Should be slightly thinner than pancake batter. Add cauliflower florets and toss to coat.
2️⃣ One by one, remove cauliflower from batter with a fork, letting excess drip off, and transfer to an oiled parchment lined baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
3️⃣ Bake in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes until golden.
4️⃣ Make sauce by adding all ingredients except tapioca flour to a small saucepan. Simmer to thicken. Mix tapioca flour with water and stir into sauce until desired texture is achieved.
5️⃣ Remove cauliflower from oven and let cool for 3-5 min. Transfer to a bowl and toss gently with sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion.