Key Lime Pie 💚
This warm and sunny weather has got me in full summer mode! I love summer food, so fresh and vibrant. Key lime pie is my go to pudding recipe, I’ve made it twice in the last few weeks and it never lets me down 😋
I can’t believe there isn’t a lime emoji?! 😅
Key lime pie is a buttery biscuit base, with a sweet lime filling that’s topped with tonnes of fluffy whipped cream. It’s light and decadent all in one delicious bite. It’s also quick and easy to make, it really helps to use an electric whisk because otherwise it’s a serious arm workout 💪
300g pack of hob knobs
150g melted butter
1 tin of condensed milk
3 egg yolks
Zest and juice of 4 limes
300ml double cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/140C Fan.
2. Place the hob knobs in a food processer and blitz until they are a fine crumb consistency. Alternatively, place in to a sealable bag and bash with a rolling pin.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the hob knobs and melted butter until fully combined. Pour the buttery biscuit mixture in to a 22cm loose bottomed cake or tart tin. Spread evenly across the base, pressing some of the mixture up the side to create a lip. Using the bottom of a glass, gently press along the base and along the sides to make sure it is all firmly in place.
4. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and leave to one side to cool.
5. Put the egg yolks in to a bowl and whisk on high for 1 minute with an electric whisk. The yolks will start to look a creamy consistency.
6. Pour in the condensed milk and whisk for 3 minutes. Add in the lime juice and zest, reserving some of the zest for decorating later. Whisk for another 3 minutes.
7. Pour the filling in to the cooled base and place back in to the oven for 15 minutes.
8. Once out of the oven, allow to cook before chilling in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
9. Once the pie is chilled, whisk together the double cream and icing sugar until light and fluffy, but still holds its shape. Dollop on to the top of the pie and smooth with the back of the spoon. Sprinkle over the remaining lime zest and serve!
What’s your go to dessert recipe? 🍰