Gluten Free Rum Raisin Soft Cookies.
Naturally sweet California raisins infused with rum in cookies! Raisins are so versatile and they’re a great addition to a lot of dishes and baked goods. There are so many varieties and great ways to eat them. I always get California Raisins because they have no added sugar and are a source of fibre and iron.
Makes 12 cookies
1.5 cup gluten free flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup California raisins
2 tbsp rum, plus more for topping
1. Soak the raisins in 2 tbsp of rum for at least an hour or two. Give it a mix every 30 mins.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl until combined. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy with an hand-held mixer or stand mixer. Add in the egg, molasses, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom if needed.
5. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 mins.
6. Remove from the fridge. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop the dough to form individual balls. Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 10-15 mins.
7. Once you remove from the oven, immediately add 1/2 – 1 tsp each of additional rum into each cookie, letting them to absorb the rum. Let cool for a bit, and enjoy them warm!
For more raisin recipe inspirations, head on over to californiaraisins.ca.