BBQ Chicken & Pineapple Bowl!🍍
I made these last week and they were delicious. The perfect combo of savory and sweet with a little bit of spicy 🔥✨
– Chop up half a yellow onion and two large bell peppers, I used red and orange.
– Sauté in olive oil over medium heat for ~ 10 min
– Add in ~1.5ish cups of chopped pineapple (adjust this amount based on how much pineapple flavor you want!)
– Pour in a jar of BBQ sauce of choice and allow it to simmer
– You’ll need to have some chicken pre-cooked for this recipe (I had shredded chicken in my slow cooker, but any pre made or rotisserie style chicken will work)
– Add chicken into the skillet and stir to combine with sauce, veggies and pineapple. Continue to cook on low until chicken is heated up ~5 min
– Served over jasmine rice and topped with green onions 😋
– I think this would also taste delicious with shrimp or make it vegetarian with chickpeas or white beans!
I hope you give this one a try!